Healing Mint w/ Tea Tree
Ever sipped a refreshing cup of peppermint tea or felt the tingly sensation of tea tree oil on your skin? Imagine combining the healing properties of both – especially for the delicate skin of your lips. In this article, we dive deep into the world of mint and tea tree, their benefits for lip care, and how CBD makes this union even more beneficial.
The Finest Organic Lip Balms
Joshua Tree lip balms are petroleum free and made from a base that’s a blend of cocoa butter and beeswax, so they glide on smoothly. All lip balms are packaged in a slim-fit tube that fits comfortably and securely in a pocket with a cap that won’t unexpectedly pop off.
Tea tree is an essential oil that’s a natural antiseptic used for decades to treat wounds and aid in oral hygiene. Healing Mint’s combination of mint and tea tree oil makes it an effective antiseptic to heal and revitalize sunburned and chapped lips.
Featuring and Benefits:
Our new slim fit tube – lower profile is more comfortable and resists unscrewing in your pocket.
Less Beeswax means it soaks into your lips without leaving that goopy residue.
Powerful moisturizers to replenish chapped lips.
Benefits of Mint and Tea Tree for the Lips
Ever wondered why so many lip balms and lip care products contain mint or tea tree?
Top 10 Benefits of Mint and Tea Tree
- Soothing Sensation: The cooling effect of mint combined with the tingling sensation of tea tree offers instant relief to irritated skin or inflamed tissues.
- Antibacterial Properties: Tea tree is renowned for its powerful antibacterial qualities. It can tackle bacteria causing acne, infections, and more.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Both mint and tea tree have natural anti-inflammatory compounds, helping reduce swelling and pain.
- Improved Digestion: Consuming mint has been linked to easing digestive discomfort, soothing the stomach, and aiding digestion.
- Respiratory Relief: The menthol in mint acts as a natural expectorant, clearing mucus from the airways. Tea tree’s antiseptic properties can help combat respiratory infections.
- Natural Decongestant: Inhaling the aroma of mint and tea tree can offer relief from nasal congestion, making breathing easier.
- Skin Health: Regular application of these can help maintain skin health by combating bacterial infections, reducing inflammation, and providing hydration.
- Antioxidant Rich: Mint contains a good amount of natural antioxidants, which combat free radicals and prevent oxidative stress.
- Mental Clarity and Focus: The invigorating scent of mint is known to enhance alertness and improve focus, while tea tree’s aroma can be grounding.
- Natural Insect Repellent: Many insects dislike the aroma of tea tree and mint, making them excellent natural repellents.
Moisturizing Benefits: Mint offers a refreshing coolness, but it’s also naturally moisturizing. It helps in locking the moisture in, ensuring that your lips stay plump and hydrated.
Antibacterial Properties: Tea tree is a blessing for chapped or cracked lips prone to infections. Its antibacterial properties can prevent and treat minor infections, leading to faster healing.
Protection from Harmful Elements: Together, they form a protective barrier against environmental stressors like cold winds, harsh sun, and pollution.
The Finest 100% Organic Ingredients:
Skin-cell regenerator, prevents scarring.
Tea Tree Essential Oil: Strong antiseptic. Fights fungal infections, heals wounds, acne, insect bites.
Cocoa Butter: Mild sun protection properties, although it is not considered an SPF additive by the FDA. Cocoa butter is a wonderful emollient plant extract. It is one of the best ingredients to replenish skin.
Coconut Oil: A highly saturated oil which resists oxidation. It is a heavy oil which stays on the outer layers of the skin maintaining a smooth feeling.
Sunflower Oil: A medium-light oil which is naturally high in Vitamin E.
Vitamin E Oil: This oil is used as a preservative and antioxidant. This oil has mild sun protection properties.
Bees Wax: Creates a desirable consistency for lip balms and salves and seals moisture in the skin.
How to Use Mint and Tea Tree on Lips
DIY Lip Balm Recipe: Combine beeswax, coconut oil, a few drops of peppermint essential oil, and tea tree essential oil. Melt and mix these ingredients, pour into lip balm tubes, and let it solidify. Voilà! A natural lip balm that’s both healing and invigorating.
Precautions: Always do a patch test before trying out any new product. While both mint and tea tree are generally safe, some might be allergic or sensitive to them.
Why Add CBD to the Mix?
The Therapeutic Potential of CBD: CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural compound known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. When applied topically, CBD can reduce swelling, pain, and discomfort.
CBD’s Synergy with Mint and Tea Tree: Combining CBD with mint and tea tree can amplify the healing benefits. The calming nature of CBD, combined with the protective properties of mint and tea tree, can lead to quicker recovery and enhanced lip health.
- Can I use tea tree oil directly on my lips?
Answer: It’s best to dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil before application to avoid irritation.
- Does CBD have any side effects when used on lips?
Answer: Generally, topical CBD is well-tolerated. However, always patch-test any new product before full application.
- How often should I apply the DIY lip balm?
Answer: As often as needed! Whenever your lips feel dry or in need of some TLC.
- Can I add other essential oils to the lip balm recipe?
Answer: Absolutely! Lavender or chamomile